What to do:
The challenge is simple!
All you need is your body and a wall.
Start by pressing one side of your body with your arm above your head as close as you can to a wall.
Push your feet and entire length of your body as close as you can to the wall.
Then try to lift your opposite leg …
There are no rules to making it more fun and interesting. Be creative!
We found that when someone is doing it with you or encouraging you, or your pets/children get involved that’s when the fun begins.
Get your family or office mates in on the action. The more the merrier!
Here are two ways to get involved:
1. Please film yourself doing the challenge and post it on your Facebook page, along with the message below, then send out and challenge your friends and family to do the same. You might even want to do a group challenge in your office. Remember to:
- Include this message: “I’m Raising-A-Leg for FOP” and write a fun note about your experience
- “I challenge (tag your friends and family) to raise a leg too”
- Tag the team @TinSoldiersFOP
- #tinsoldiersfoppatientsearch #tinsoldiers #helpusfindthemissing
- AND watch the campaign grow – be part of something BIG AROUND THE WORLD!!
2. If you can’t lift your leg, please donate to the Tin Soldiers Global FOP Patient Search, every single $ counts
With about 900 cases of FOP known globally, our mission is to find the missing. There should be around 7,500 people living with the condition, probably in fear and isolation. We want to put an end to that.
We hope you’ll join in the fun and participate in spreading the word about FOP. The more of us who know and talk about it, the greater the chances are of finding people.
Join in the search to find the missing by raising a leg for FOP!